Commitment....

Posted by: God Speed... in

I was about to give up. My business wasn’t run well. At that moment, my very best friend come to me, and he told me this:

“I have a story for you. Listen it, it migth be can help you. There are two different characteristics of people, but the same job, treasure hunters. They have same dreams, and they are about to go to the same place, same direction, the treasure land. They know that it is located somewhere in an island across the sea. Each of them have a map to the treasure. Then they build their own ship, each one of them. They cross the sea separately.”
“One month after, they arrive at the island. Just by the shore, the treasure hunter number 1, let’s call him A, suddenly burn and sink his ship. While the other one, B, did not. A said ‘I gonna find it no matter what!’.”

“Then what happen?”, I ask him.

“Then they get into the jungle. In the deep of the jungle, there are so many beasts, snakes, dangerous and unknown creatures. Yet, they keep moving. The deeper they got in the harder the obstacles. Until, there is something ahead that seem impossible for both of them to get through. By that moment B said ‘I can’t do this. Better get back.’, and so he is. A is also almost giving up, but he know that he can’t go back. His ship was already been sunk. He find no other choices, he must keep moving. After a while of struggling and thinking, he found the way. Suddenly, he find that he is already in the land of the gold, he found the treasure. He, the A, find it because he had made his choices to be total in his commitment in the first time he step his foot on the island by sinking his ship. And finally, he found that all those things he get through before wasn’t obstacles actually, simply it’s all the cost he must pay for. That shouldn’t get him down, that should be his power to achieve his goal.”

So, what does my friend try to tell to me? I wasn’t so understand yet until now. He was simply want to remind me about my commitment. My commintment in doing these. My dreams. You migth be have been read my previous post about The Dreams and after that. I was just write it without doing it. That’s my mistakes. Now I will try to do as what I wrote and I’m doing it rigth now.

Didn’t get it yet? Well, it’s all about your Commitment. That’s also a basic foundation we must have. My friend was actually ask me this question :
“How is your commitment level? Are you gonna be treasure hunter number 1 (A) or the other one (B)?”
Ask the same question for yourself…

God Speed…

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment